CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Found while fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MANIMAL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Found while fishing Reply with quote

This week's fishing trips have produced more gear for me than all of last season

Ive found two completely brand new spinning combos, various lures, 1 wooly bugger, and a knife - im almost more excited to scavenge around for left behind treasures than catch fish!

Just wondering what sort of things you've found while out on your fishing trips.
MikeOkay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's sweet. Best thing i've found was a rusted pheobe. Oh and some dirty old boxers too
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found a few topwaters and crankbaits in tree limbs that I could get to. Also soft plastics and crankbaits laying around on the ground.
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of lures that id never use, a nice wooden handle knife, a gshock watch when snorkeling with a silver spoon and some flippers. Ive probably found more but i forgot!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy…

Well for most useful, I’ve found several topwater lures with the hooks totally rusted off. I always find them in the piles of pine needles & leaves on the windblown edge of a river I fish often. I have an old jitterbug, an old “walk the dog” type lure, and a few others. One of these days I’ll paint them and put new hooks on, you know in my spare time...

As for most WEIRD thing… I was dropping off our second car at a downstream boat launch once, so we could drive ~5 miles back up stream and launch our kayaks (my girlfriend and i). We went down to the water to see what the launch was like, having never been there, and there was a big pile of guts floating right at the launch. Like… all sorts of guts, stomach, intestines, etc… big… big enough to be from a person, we quickly decided. Sitting beside it in about one fow was a large pocket knife, with a half serrated blade, open…

Well for whatever reason we opted not to call the police, looking back I’m really not sure why we didn’t. We talked about it on and off during our paddle, and decided that if it was still there when we got back we would call. Well, about 4.5 miles into our paddle we came across an absolutely disgusting smell… I feared for the worst. I’ve never smelled anything quite so bad, and it was pretty clear that it was something dead, and pretty large. As we rounded the bend, there was a dead deer on the riverbank, and some sort of scavenger(s) had been apparently pulling it apart. The guts must have floated downstream and gotten caught in the eddy by the boat launch. So… we felt a lot better, but man was that gross! When we got back to the boat launch the guts had floated away, but the knife was still there. Since it seemed to be unrelated at this point I picked it up and brought it home. It’s a pretty nice pocket knife, lol!

Still searching for some toothy critters big enough to be worth weighing...
Zach0208

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My anchor caught a spinning combo the other day Cool
MANIMAL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone is finding spinning combos!

i guess the going theme is to get pissed at your equipment and throw it down/in the lake - and walk away

fine by me! ill take the new gear!
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manimal must have been fishing the pond in his back yard =P

We dont found much around these parts, people have a good memory in this area =)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you guys are the ones taking all my stuff!

Give it back. Mr. Green

hahaha
anointed130

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually reeled in a spinning rod at rainbow resevoir, it was semi funtional. I am guessing someone dropped off there boat.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or got pi$$ed and threw it in
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: