CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: keeney Cove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billybass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: keeney Cove Reply with quote

Hey guys i have fished the river but never this cove off it ,i noticed the have a boat launch ,and i was wondering about the channel into it some say its tuff to get to some say you can do it, i have a nice map of it,and it might be tuff for a huge boat but somthing a little smaller should make it...i hear they are killing the pike in there.....big ones
pdcrack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you look at the tides before you head in there, ive heard of many people getting stuck in there

Oh and bring lots of bug spray and try to stay away from the crazy locals
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have a tin can you can get in there no problem. The launch is pretty shitty so if you have a bigger boat you will need 4 wheel drive and will have an easier time when the tide is up. That place has decent fish in it but the bugs are brutal.

Justin
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, don't piss off the drunks.

Justin
billybass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys ,but ya, a tin can was what i was thinking,,even with that will the tide hang me up,,,lots of bugs huh,,,,,that must be the spot for the locals to get drunk and fish,,,a shoot off there mouth huh
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have a tin can you will be fine. I like the incoming tide there. Yes, there are always local guys getting cocked right by the launch from sun up to sun down.

Justin
Tmac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeney cove can be accsessed even at low tide. Very Happy
Irishman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Keeney Cove channel Reply with quote

My buddy and I used to hike to the channel entrance to Keeney cove and fish the channel entrance as the tide would roll in and out. Our main common catch was channel catfish and some big ones no doubt.

To get to that channel entrance faster... rather than going to point road (keeney cove access bridge road) go further south on naubuc ave to an old iron gate that says something like "metpet" It used to be a dirt road, but it's only a 5 min walk to the channel entrance from that gate. No boat needed. You'll have to walk through some entry brush, but once you head down towards the channel, it's like any riverside forest and pretty navigable with boots.

We actually built a raft out of logs and an old washed up broken dock, using styrofome underneath it, and crossed the channel like ole huck fin when we wanted to fish the ct river side right at the point.

We dubbed that place "camp sherman" due to some old catfish stories.

Hope it helps.

Will
snap fisher777

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Keeny Cove Reply with quote

How is keeney doing now? Is there any good fish that are out there to catch? If so please let me know and reply thank you!!! Very Happy
Megaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict wrote:
if you have a tin can you will be fine. I like the incoming tide there. Yes, there are always local guys getting cocked right by the launch from sun up to sun down.

Now speaking of local guys..do you mean " JOE" guy with cigar in mouth and ever word out of his mouth is F this and F that...ha ha...with a few racial epithets....very colorfull place I agree.... Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All coves are passible,, nail it, get up on plane,,, and close your eyes,, Salmon river I thought was not passible, till I went out with a friend and we buzzed right threw it,, at low tide,, CRAZY,, just never ever get off plane,, As for other coves and channels,, just make sure you know what your doing,,, or else you will get stuck,, its a long time to wait for a tide,,,, Believe me,,, Ive done it Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: