CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Humor Section
Viewing Topic: Daddy’s Rules of Dating.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Daddy’s Rules of Dating. Reply with quote

I have had these rules for a long time, waiting until that day when the boys come a calling. Well, that day has come.

Not sure where I got it, but it stands true in my house. Feel free to use it.

Daddy’s Rules of Dating.

Rule One.
If you pull into my driveway and honk you had better be delivering a package, because you’re sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two.
You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter’s body, I will remove them.

Rule Three.
I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off your hips. Please do not take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still. I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object.

However, in order to ensure that your clothes do not, infact come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four.
I am sure you have been told that in today’s world, sex without utilizing a “Barrier Method” of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate, when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five.
It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is: “early”

Rule Six.
I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven.
As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don’t you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight.
The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden tool. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to introduce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka – zipped up to her throat.

Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies, which feature chain saws, are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folks home are better.

Rule Nine.
Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. However, on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless God of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind me.

Rule Ten.
Be afraid.. Be very afraid.. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy near Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway, you should exit the car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car – there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheeeeeeew Exclamation

Too much to remember Exclamation

My youngest brother had 3 girls so I'm sure he had similar rules Exclamation

Glad I had a boy ONLY Exclamation

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO!! Great rules!
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presented these rules to my daughters (she's 16) first boy friend.

He laughed, then noticed I wasn't.

He experienced his first awkward moment with me.

Then I cooked them both Choc Pudding. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Well Ron there a little revised from when i read them off to my daughter in 1965 but that's progress for ya !!!!!! Very Happy

Priceless !!!!!!!!

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!

Last edited by Old Mud on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
RobO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. I have saved it and made a few personal changes to it. I will hold on to it until my daughter grows up to a dating age.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad it was helpful..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next on my agenda is to show the boy friend the wonders of "Instant Adhesives".

And it's many uses.. Wink

It's a good thing I like this kid.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterRon wrote:
Next on my agenda is to show the boy friend the wonders of "Instant Adhesives".

And it's many uses.. Wink

It's a good thing I like this kid.

OMG !!!!! i have seen some of those "Adhesives" at work !!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Buddy...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder here Ron, Don't get to aggresive with those "Instant Adhesives". wouldn't want anyone singing 'Stuck on you !!!! Shocked Shocked Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Humor Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: