CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Rules & Regs , Saftey Notices, Recalls, & Laws
Viewing Topic: Small ponds that are part of rivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therieldeal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Small ponds that are part of rivers Reply with quote

So... there is a wide part of the French River that I usually fish at which is labeled “Acme Pond” when I pull it up on google maps. Does this mean that it should technically qualify as a pond, and therefore have no closed season??

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=acme+pond+thompson+ct&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Acme+Pond&gl=us&ll=41.946053,-71.890111&spn=0.015609,0.029483&z=15

Thanks
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the official answer, but I like your logic.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
therieldeal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the anglers guide states that lakes and ponds are open year round unless otherwise specified in the anglers guide... of course this pond isn't listed in there.

now that i think about it more even big lakes/ponds are generally located along rivers... quaddick is just a flooded section of 5 mile river, and the west thompson dam is just a flooded section of the quinebaug.... hmmmmm

i'm going for it unless someone really thinks i shouldnt haha
therieldeal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to give it a try last night… and there was a huge school of carp sitting about 5 feet from shore at the spot where I usually fish! I didn’t have any real “bait” with me so I tried every lure in my tackle box… finally got one to bite on a tiny yellow bug. I think it’s meant to be a trout lure… someone gave it to me for Christmas, I’ve never been trout fishing though lol. That fish fought pretty hard, especially considering the water temperature! I think I’m going to go back again with some “proper carp bait” like bread or corn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Rules & Regs , Saftey Notices, Recalls, & Laws All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: