CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Crappies? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Crappies? Reply with quote

Hi!

Does anyone here target spring Crappies Question

I have 3-4 good spots I go to, but always looking for others that may have Slabs in it Exclamation

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its funny cuz me and my buddy have decided for the first time to make a point to get some spring crappie this year. We are trying halls pond because a source of ours said to fish the small shallow rock island not far from the launch. I also read that a bucktail jig suspended underneath a bobber is a killer technique to get them
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i may ask, what are some spots you try to get them at?
Maximillion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeaDog I used to target them in spring at a small farm pond that was loaded with them now its too shallow to support anything so sadly not anymore, and I dont think theres a good lake or pond in southeastern CT that really has a large crappie population

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to get um on the steep shore directly across the launch/damn at scovilles, good average 12-14inchers but last fall I tried with my grandfather and we must of caught 50 of um with 2 over 12inches.

Unfortunately crappie are heavily sought after and your much better off keeping the big ones to yourself/friends/family.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All!

I posted some of my favorite Crappie waters under -> Bass Fishing Reports -> Moodus!

SeaDog1
asianfisher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I target them. And do pretty good at it too... Easy pickings just like white perch....
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where do you target them asian fisher?
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

north farms, wintergreen, butterworth, beseck, rt 9 berlin area, konolds which is private. and moodus which is new to me. whetersfield cove, so many places you can get them just gotta know what to look for when targeting them... Will proly go out tomorrow for them thinking of striper today....
cmorenito1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys Imthinking of going fishing tomorrow strippers would be nice but crappie would do also .. My question is closest to Danbury where can I go and catch some I was thinking either candlewoood lake town park or kenosia lake or even east end lake ???? R these good choices??? FYI I'm not sure where I can can fish for strippers Confused
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

checkout the housy. kinda close to ya. sure there are some better areas out there that way.. ctfisherman.com also has great listings to where and when... i went today in the kayak was lil rough where i was even when the tide coming in the flow from dam was raging so i didnt have a great time tryin to fish... everyone claims lower housy and people i talked to today who launched boats came back with they down river....
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmorenito1 - Try the Gold Club in Hartford. There are lots of strippers there. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i missed it to phil... lmfao
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All!

Here's an interesting article that may help those targeting Crappies Exclamation

www.crappie101.com/book/export/html/805

SeaDog1
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont agree on this post for the early season.. They will come right to shore almost and the level before the shoreline swarming in #'s for feeding. this lasts only 2-3 weeks after FIRST ICE OUT. if you pay attention and read the water they look like the are playing with each other chasing small bait fish... After this the swarms will start to break down in smaller gatherings. hence spring crappies if found in those swarms is almost like watching the discovery channel with some tuna swarming baitfish together to feed. The rest of the article would kinda agree with.. We dont have many places that are that deep. And last place i fished where they were they were in a shallow cove which wa to hard to fish the way i was fishing cause of weeds but just outside the cove i seen that they were gathering in between the channel and the cove... Thats just there... Will post more about them. I learned how to target them at silver lake cause hands down best place in ct to get them. no one takes them and they are loaded in there. my opinion crappie have taken over that place in #'s not like take over.. Im down to go shout out and we'll head out ya'll
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: