CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: Keeping undersize stripers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anointed130

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Keeping undersize stripers Reply with quote

Did anyone see this

CONNECTICUT RIVER
BONUS STRIPED BASS PROGRAM
��
DEP is issuing free vouchers to anglers fishing the Connecticut River to take 4,025 striped bass in a size range (at least 22 inches in length but shorter than 28 inches) below the current recreational minimum length for stripers in CT.
��
Each voucher allows the angler to keep one “bonus” striper and can be used only on the Connecticut River from just above the I-95 bridge to the Massachusetts border. The vouchers are valid through June 30.
��
Vouchers can be obtained at the same DEP Offices where licenses are sold and while fishing along the Connecticut River, from DEP Environmental Conservation (EnCon) Police Officers and Riverfront Recapture Rangers.
��
Anglers can obtain two vouchers per day and use a maximum of two vouchers per day to keep “bonus” fish.
��
Use of these vouchers does not affect an angler’s ability to keep their regular daily limit of striped bass. Each angler participating in the program can also keep up to two striped bass a day, 28 inches or larger in total length.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's wild. And stupid if you ask me, But i dont know their motives.
Passinthru Outdoors

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this it will help explain their thinking. http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=4013&q=478556&depNav_GID=1630

Visit my Blog at: www.passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: