CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Rhode Island Fluking Late May/Early June
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flukeprodigy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Rhode Island Fluking Late May/Early June Reply with quote

So i've been up to the Rhodie beaches twice so far, third trip will be this weekend. So far the beaches have been producing nice fish to 9+lbs and on a fairly regular basis. Both trips saw plenty of keepers coming over the rails but this year seems different. In previous seasons, I've been absolutely slaying fluke on my Tsunami Fluke ball jigs on a 3 way swivel w/ either a bare hook topped w/ squid/speering or a Tsunami rubber squid w/ squid strip and speering. For some odd reason, I'm seeing a lot better productivity out of mylar teasers and small bucktail jigs. Whites and pinks have been producing quite well so far this year. There are still a load of squid in the area so sometimes the fishing is a bit off as the fluke gorge themselves. Overall it's been a great start to the season. I must admit i was a bit worried that w/ the new 19" size limit in place up in Rhodie, that we wouldn't get into many keepers. It's been the exact opposite. Many guys have been limiting out up there which is nice to see. I'll be posting and updated report on sunday most likely.

Tight lines!
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking foward to your reports!
flukeprodigy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Fluke report for 6/10/07 Reply with quote

Fluking was disappointing today to say the least. First trip I can remember where i didn't have a single keeper. Took the family out for an early fathers day gift and still had a blast. Mom (the quiet one) was high hook w/ 3 keepers and 9 fish total. Sadly I purchased some defective slider rigs prior to departure which ultimately ruined the trip for me. I hooked into what felt like a big doormat that just didn't wanna come off bottom. Couple mins of battling the flattie and the slider rig just completely came undone. No snap, no nothing...just brought up a piece of mono leader material. The second slider rig i used (fishing whole squid) did the same thing. Caught one short at 18.5" Mad and the rig just basically fell apart. If i find the wrapper to it, i'll definately post up so you guys know which slider rigs to avoid. I'm still mad about that one getting away. I've pulled up fluke to 9lbs and this one was thumping harder than any of them.

All totalled btwn 8 of us, we had 9 keepers , 1 of which was a seabass, the largest fluke at a meager 22". Fishing was just sloooooow today and it was pretty windy out there. We were fishing pretty shallow waters ranging from 15-20ft. I think had we ventured into deeper waters, we would've had much better results. There's just so much bait on the beach that fluke are gorging themselves.

Oh well, these days happen. We'll get em next time. Once again, my Tsunami fluke balls failed to produce fish which is just odd to me. I've slayed fluke on them every year but this one. Maybe things will pick up soon. There really was no rig outproducing any other today. It was a slow pick through the shorts to get to the keepers.
JESTERJACKSON

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks George. Hey its still better getting out even if your Mom catches more fish than you!!!!!

Let me know next time you are heading up there I might come along.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JESTERJACKSON wrote:
That sucks George. Hey its still better getting out even if your Mom catches more fish than you!!!!!

Let me know next time you are heading up there I might come along.

weather permitting, next trip is next wed. Then prolly the week after that....and the week after that....and so on
flukeprodigy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhodie fluke report coming tomorrow.....

after i limit out Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: