CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Niantic area 7-7-07
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassarama

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Niantic area 7-7-07 Reply with quote

At 5:30 am we were at Bartletts Reef drifting dead eels looking for striped bass only to find bluefish, after four or five drifts and hit and misses I thought the calm seas were perfect to take my wife to the Race.
Once there I dropped one very badly bluefish damaged eel on a tree way rig and with that my wife was on with her biggest fish fight. Very Happy

Four drifts after and four more BIG blue fish my wife had enough of that so went to Fishers Island to find Isabella beach mobbed with boats, It was a beautiful day out there so I was not surprised to see 100 plus boats drifting for fluke. Well we did relax a lot, the bite was slow and the only eight or so fish landed were undersized. Rolling Eyes

On the way to port we stopped on the west coast of Fishers Island for some blackfishing. There, we saw a couple of divers got out of the water with some select grade of blackfish (I’ve been thinking about doing that too). I asked : HEY MAN, IS THERE ANY FISH LEFT DOWN THERE? Laughing Laughing He said: YEAH…SURE, I LEFT A COUPLE NICE ONES FOR YOU!!!! Sad
(After the brief chat I hinted the wife what I wanted for my birthday’s present) Wink

After a couple of nice porgies and no blackfish we came back to Bartletts Reef to hunt down seabass, couldn’t find the big ones that I wanted but I’m getting better at it, manage some shorts seabass and very hungry big porgies… gotta try newly discovered places.

Left Niantic state launch at 5pm, nearly a 12 hours fishing marathon with my better half. Life is good! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a nice trip Joe
flukeprodigy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a blast even if you didn't get to take much home.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice!

Just one more cast...
bigoutdoors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a hell of a day,lots of action
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: