CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: Farmington 5-7-11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slim2043

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Farmington 5-7-11 Reply with quote

Fished at the pull off on Collinsville Rd. The mayflies were hatching and the trout were hitting the surface hard. It was one of those days where the bite never stopped so we fished from early afternoon until dark.

[img]https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/vcEjUNbarpvhc7qopLKBtASWk7R40fwHSh-0Xrd2ENk?feat=directlink[/img]

[img]https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/lyvelH2smxzHLT2j0McJLgSWk7R40fwHSh-0Xrd2ENk?feat=directlink[/img]

[img]https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/WFj21fgk0wMfVGS30mZT6QSWk7R40fwHSh-0Xrd2ENk?feat=directlink[/img]
slim2043

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I'm always surprised at how few fishermen I see on the Farmington in Collinsville. Were you throwing flies, bait, stickbaits or spinners?

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were mostly using mealworms and power bait. We tried a few lures (phoebes rapalas spoons) but werent having much success with them. I bet It would've been a great day for flyfishing but I don't have the gear for it and I've never tried it. A guy came by to see how the fishing was and he got giddy about this "Hendrickson hatch" which I learned was the mayflies. I badly want to learn flyfishing but dont want to make the investment without someone to teach me.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean about learning how to fly fish. I made the investment in a nice nine foot, five weight rod and an inexpensive reel a couple of years ago, but have yet to use them.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

decent size.... didnt think you can have more than 2 on 1 stringer.... becareful....
slim2043

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asianfisher I was with a buddy (the guy with the knife in the last picture). Two of us and we kept 4. One we only kept because he was bleeding bad and didn't think he was gonna make it. Do you know if they would really be that scrutinizing to say 3 were on a stringer and two guys were fishing together they would bone you like that? I'm catch and release fisherman 99% of the time but I had no food at my house with my wife on a business trip Smile

Peco. I want to make an investment in the gear as well but as the saying goes "there's a big difference between catching fish and just standing there looking stupid"
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been harassed. Its all up to how the officer is feeling. In upstate NY no ifs ands or buts ticket........ I love fly fishing.... going tomorrow night to derby for them stripers on the fly!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asianfisher wrote:
decent size.... didnt think you can have more than 2 on 1 stringer.... becareful....

Limit is 5 unless it's a TMA. If that spot is a tma then 2.
shook2323

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the limit is actually 2 there (min 12"), not 5. It's a trophy area.
slim2043

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the feedback guys.

@af good luck with stripers on the fly that sounds like an adrenaline ride of epic proportions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: