CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Salt C&R?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Mud

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Salt C&R? Reply with quote

sevnseat wrote:
Question for you saltwater guys. C&R not such a big thing out there? I mean, yeah I do it up here (you ever eaten a Large Mouth Bass? ick.), but down there, it doesn't seem much like the fish ever go back in the water? Or is that just how it is? I could imagine the fly boys out there having a conniption... Laughing

Lyman: When I fish Tuna I DON'T C&R unless he is undersize,( 73") I sell them. When I fish stripers I C&R almost all, one once in a while to eat. Haddock ,Cod I eat. Herring, bluefish, mackerel, Pogies and Whiting are my bait. I keep just what I need to fish with.

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
MakoMike

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of guys are into C&R especially for bluefish (fight like hell taste terrible) and stripers. The fluke regulations have a lot people involuntarily playing catch and release. Shocked
Old Mud

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MakoMike wrote:
Lots of guys are into C&R especially for bluefish (fight like hell taste terrible) and stripers. The fluke regulations have a lot people involuntarily playing catch and release. Shocked

HEY Mike Smile Smile Smile

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
Unclemeat

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I release almost all my stripers, keep one occasionally.
tjokl

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I catch and release nearly all of my fish. Occasionally I keep a striper. I also fish a lot in the New Haven area and I don't feel the water quality is very good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: