CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: Stripers Ct. River
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy H

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Stripers Ct. River Reply with quote

My buddy and I went out last weekend and came up dry. We usually go from the 291 launch up to Dexters. I know the season is just starting but just curious if anyone else is having any luck as of yet.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Stripers Ct. River Reply with quote

My opinion is everything thats in are left-backs... Bait-fish are kinda starting to come outta the mud. nothing big no reports on shad, alwives, or herring yet. Norwich harbor, hamburg and housy have been getting action... cant wait for this warm front to come in this coming week and see where that water temp brings us up into the sound than the rivers.... CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishface (aka Tim) and I trolled Hamburg Cove for stripers in our kayaks today. We didn't see any. We spoke with a guy who was trolling in a 25 footer with a 225 horsepower outboard and didn't see any either. He said that the water temperature was 49 degrees. I guess that the stripers were waiting for nightfall to come out and start feeding.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fish north of hartford about mile down river from dexters. no stripers yet i say tommorow or tuesday. water still a little high and cold
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim told me that his buddy got some stripers in Hamburg Cove last night, but he was there after dark, until 10:30 pm, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got into one they can be caught in the cove all day if you find the school. not easy from the yak and you need time for it without electronics... Was super windy when i went which wasnt easy for me. That cove is sweet for the schoolies and keepers are in there also. my opinion is 1 keeper for every 15 to 20 schoolies which is my personal experience. CTFISHTALK we have to get Phil and Kira into some stripers. and just for fun me and daryl have been thinking of a fun game/ tourny to do. Its in the works.... one day and its for ha ha's and for fun thats all...will keep posted as we conversate about it....
turbotype87

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: stripers Reply with quote

My stepson caught a nice one last night, 32'' long 30 1/2lbs. Caught it on a eel. Her stomach was empty when he cut it open to check if anything was in it. There in there.
clopes

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your scale is off. Just saying. Been getting some keeps north of you as well. Fattys. They are gorging themselves on the herring. I got 6 bass and a blue at the mouth today. The blue threw up a ton of fish all over the boat. It was tough to find them today and evem when you did they were a bit shy. Weather must make them annoyed too. What a crappy week to have off from work.
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

32inches would be about 13lbs

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tru dat ur scale is off by alot!! Dont wanna do any buisness with u!!!lol
30 inch bass tops 15lbs with a full gut!!!
Passinthru Outdoors

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one shown in my blog report here http://passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com/2011/05/connecticut-river-stripers.html was 34" and just under 15lbs on the scale.

30lb striper at 32" would be a hog and you would know it.

Visit my Blog at: www.passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: