CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Vernon area ponds ???
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pondhopper

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Vernon area ponds ??? Reply with quote

Does any one out there know if Dobsonville pond, or tankerhoosen lake are known to have good bass fishing?

They are the two ponds on the right side of 84 (heading east) that you can see right from the highway.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they can be very productive,especially this time of year.
Johnny
pondhopper

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Vernon area ponds ??? Reply with quote

Thanks Johnny... I'll probably try one of them tomorrow.

Ive been doing pretty well at newcity and hanover pond lately and am enjoying the more active fishing in the smaller warmer ponds. They are both in th low 60's on my last couple trips.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been thinking about dropping my canoe in a the dam at tankerhoosen, I know there is no official spot but it looks public. Anybody know?
chud059

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there last night. Seemed very shallow. There were about 4-5 guys there fishing, one trying to use a baitcasting reel...I noticed many "birdsnests".. then I noticed he switched to a spinning reel. Besides where the dam is, I couldn't see any other access to fish this place. Plenty of parking, nice area.

I couldn't find any access for Dobson... I guess you can park accross the street where the on ramp for 84 is.

let us know how you do.
chud059

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there last night. Seemed very shallow. There were about 4-5 guys there fishing, one trying to use a baitcasting reel...I noticed many "birdsnests".. then I noticed he switched to a spinning reel. Besides where the dam is, I couldn't see any other access to fish this place. Plenty of parking, nice area.

I couldn't find any access for Dobson... I guess you can park accross the street where the on ramp for 84 is.

let us know how you do.
KS1980

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My buddies took a canoe in the Tankerhoosen this past weekend. You can park in the lot and just walk the canoe over and drop it in. They pointed out that it is pretty shallow all around and did not find it any better in a canoe than from shore. I usually trout fish down below while my buddies bass fish up top and have seen them pull out some pretty good size bass.

They also looked for accsess to Dobson and could not find an entry point for their canoe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: