CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: Valley Falls and TankerHoosen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KS1980

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Valley Falls and TankerHoosen Reply with quote

Just a quick post, went to Valley Falls in Vernon last Thurs and Sun for about 3 hours each day.. Two of my buddies caught one small rainbow each and I came up empty both times. Went down to the Tankerhoosen and same thing, pretty slow. Lot's of fishing surfacing but nothing doing...
PECo

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What were you throwing? I've been told to drift Powerbait into deep holes and just wait for a bite.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down under the bridge at Tankerhoosen powerbait always works. Exactly as you said we just drop it in the current and let it drift down. I think the water there was moving a little too fast from the high waters.

Up at Valley Falls we threw everything in the box at the trout. Powerbait,spoons,spinners.... The two that were caught one was a yellow rooster tail and the other was a silver and black spoon.

Not sure if it is weather related or what, but outside of opening week I have not had much luck this season...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: