CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Willimantic River 7/18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigpoppa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Willimantic River 7/18 Reply with quote

Hit the Willimantic River at the Depot Rd train bridge at dusk on Monday. Trout were rising everywhere, feeding on all the bugs. The bugs, in turn, were feeding on me, despite my use of bug spray. Managed to land one nice Rainbow on powerbait before it got too dark.

I haven't had too much luck in the Willimantic this year. Two Trout and a whole lot of White Suckers - sometimes six or seven Suckers in a day. Not sure if it's overfished, understocked or just a bad year. Big disappointment for me, because it's within walking distance of my house, and in previous years I've pulled a lot of fish out of there.
Passinthru Outdoors

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't fished it much this year but the times I did were somewhat disappointing as well. Not sure what the reason is. we had plenty of water all spring unlike last year. I fish the FFO area mostly and the same as held true. But at least you are getting out and on the water so keep at it.

Visit my Blog at: www.passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: