CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Struck out again!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishfinder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Struck out again! Reply with quote

Went to Greenwich harbor last night for 3 1/2 hours (10pm -1:30am) with not a hit then decided to move closer to home for the sleepy drive home and went to Gulf beach from about 2am to 4:30 and didnt get a bite there either. What gives man? I threw top water and diving plugs, mackerel, bunker, and squid out at both places. Getting a little discouraged here. Is it just me, is it always like this on salt water or is it just a bad year. I dont see anyone else really getting anything when I go either though. Ive been to many a place but if anyone can help me find some blues or stripers Id appreciate it or your classifieds area is going to be inundated with fishing gear!!!! LOL I have the bluefish tournament this coming weekend so id really like to find where they are hitting. Im expecting a few more jokes about this thread and my user name!!! A fishfinder is also the name for the sinker apparatus on the line and believe me Im sinking here. LOL

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
fishknapper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been getting blues and bass but in deeper water 40 to 50 feet from my boat. Shore fishing is tough this time of year, but will improve steadily over the next few weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude it's August. Fishing sucks the worst this time of year...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally landed a nice 34" Blue today and a 21" Fluke which will probably be dinner tomorrow night.

PECo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!
fishfinder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too tired last night to bother playing with pics, the pic of the fluke didnt come out very good at all as I was setting the camera up on my Oil tank fill pipe with timer on as my wife was sleeping and I guess I didnt get the fish in the lens! LOL. I believe it had gotten into a fight with another Blue as the top tail fin was there but bloody and bent over.
[/img]

fishingkid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfinder wrote:
Finally landed a nice 34" Blue today and a 21" Fluke which will probably be dinner tomorrow night.

What did you catch them off of?
fishfinder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mackerel off the pier. Couldnt believe the Fluke took that big chunk of Mackerel, didnt think it would fit in his mouth.

fishingkid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfinder wrote:
Mackerel off the pier. Couldnt believe the Fluke took that big chunk of Mackerel, didnt think it would fit in his mouth.

Oh yes, Fluke can open their mouths very wide.
fishingkid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, were you using a steel leader? And what hook size did you use?
fishfinder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was fishing for blues so had a steel leader and a 7/0 hook on!

TravelingSeas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Struck out again! Reply with quote

fishfinder wrote:
Went to Greenwich harbor last night for 3 1/2 hours (10pm -1:30am) with not a hit then decided to move closer to home for the sleepy drive home and went to Gulf beach from about 2am to 4:30 and didnt get a bite there either. What gives man? I threw top water and diving plugs, mackerel, bunker, and squid out at both places. Getting a little discouraged here. Is it just me, is it always like this on salt water or is it just a bad year. I dont see anyone else really getting anything when I go either though. Ive been to many a place but if anyone can help me find some blues or stripers Id appreciate it or your classifieds area is going to be inundated with fishing gear!!!! LOL I have the bluefish tournament this coming weekend so id really like to find where they are hitting. Im expecting a few more jokes about this thread and my user name!!! A fishfinder is also the name for the sinker apparatus on the line and believe me Im sinking here. LOL

I feel your pain brother. A couple weekends ago I headed out to a couple miles off Charles Island to see what could be had there. A boat zoomed in and posted not 200' away from me. Both of us were using chunk bait. I pulled in a sea robin, he pulled in 6 big blues. And to make matters worse, each time he landed a fish my wife exclaimed about the size of the fish he was pulling in. Soooooooo frustrating.

Now I gotta call the marina owner and see if he'll be putting my boat back in for this weekend so I can be skunked again.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, nothing worse then the wife comparing your size to another mans!!! hehehe, I wouldn't know though!!!! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: