CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: need some answers what about lake zoar)???
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rvolkers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: need some answers what about lake zoar)??? Reply with quote

it is getting close to the time that i give my deposit in to keep my boat at lake zoar! i have heard good reports and bad reports and I AM HOPING that i can get some good advice about lake zoar? - is it worth it?
Ryanmalloy44

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Honestly... Reply with quote

Drive 10 minutes further and go to Candlewood... Should be dynamite with minimal ice fishing going on this year.

Fished Zoar for many years and i'm just not a huge fan personally.
x182dan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i like lilli more than zoar but zoar has some nice fish in there too
flippy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoar is a very humble body of water,, there are great fish in there, fishing there is best when they are running water,, I have seen 15 to 18 lb bags brought in,, largemouth and smallmouth
BigEd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider Zoar my home lake and can honestly say I would rather fish Lilli or Candlewood, heck even below the dam on Lake Housatonic produces better for me. Zoar can produce but I have a hard time finding fish at times. Not the lake's fault, but rather my lack of figuring it out on most days. To me it is quite diverse and offers many different challenges. Lots of shoreline with 30' deep drop offs and limited structure, lots of deep water on the southern end. Then there are areas that look sure to produce in shallower water and I get skunked. I do better at the northern end of the lake where it is narrower and also more shallow. Also, there are more docks, etc. on that end. I have had good luck near Kettletown and also throwing or even trolling crankbaits parallel to weed beds over by the park in Oxford. There are some small points that come out and I have done ok with top waters early or later in the day, but never consistently in the same areas. I'm still looking for "Nessie" to come up from the drop off just beyond the flat near the Monroe launch. For some reason I can't stop fishing that area and hoping....
Ryanmalloy44

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigEd wrote:
I consider Zoar my home lake and can honestly say I would rather fish Lilli or Candlewood, heck even below the dam on Lake Housatonic produces better for me. Zoar can produce but I have a hard time finding fish at times. Not the lake's fault, but rather my lack of figuring it out on most days. To me it is quite diverse and offers many different challenges. Lots of shoreline with 30' deep drop offs and limited structure, lots of deep water on the southern end. Then there are areas that look sure to produce in shallower water and I get skunked. I do better at the northern end of the lake where it is narrower and also more shallow. Also, there are more docks, etc. on that end. I have had good luck near Kettletown and also throwing or even trolling crankbaits parallel to weed beds over by the park in Oxford. There are some small points that come out and I have done ok with top waters early or later in the day, but never consistently in the same areas. I'm still looking for "Nessie" to come up from the drop off just beyond the flat near the Monroe launch. For some reason I can't stop fishing that area and hoping....

Agreed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: