CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Candlewood 10-8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flippy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Candlewood 10-8 Reply with quote

Fished a small tourny on Candy today with NX882, I fished there last week and got them flippin, but not today, I could not find a fish in the weeds, water temp was 62 degrees, flipped and pitched for most of the tourny, The flippin bite was OFF, for me anyway, was a great summer like day, we did get 5 fish most fish came on a tube, my biggest was a 3.49 smallie, it was foggy in the AM and the guys that won the tourny, got them first thing in the AM on topwater, then the bite shut off, it was a tough bite,,, for us anyway,,all guys in this tourny had a tough day,,Winning weight was 14.9lbs, all smallies,,
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have switched to a Senko, Jim, Laughing

I wish that I had thrown my Bottom Dweller spinnerbait in the deepest part of Moodus Reservoir today. The big girls weren't in the shallows.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, thats funny, I know some of the guys were throwing that,,, we watched them setting up their rods with it,,,I dont think that even worked
hila2006

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wife and I both had to work yesterday Jim, at least you guys had a limit. Hooking up the boat now and heading to Silver Lake. Gonna be good to sit in the sun and enjoy the day.
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not good about the weeds part, hope Bantam will be different tomorrow for me... Sad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I saw you out there jim. Our club took 19.78 to win and myself and john pulhaski jr wighed in a a tenth of a pount under 16. Lots of ten lb bags. Tough bite for sure. We got a few flipping at the end of the day but only one made its way into the limit. Only a dozen keepers on the day :/
Nickp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got 2nd and 3rd was robbie with a nice 13.5lb bag of brown fish. Everyone smallie we landed fought like a monster, nothing for us deeper then 20 besides lots of suspended/finicky/non biter fish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: