CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: MUSKY in the farmington
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassaddict1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: MUSKY in the farmington Reply with quote

this morning went up and fished the Farmington had some rooster tails I wanted to try but anyways first hole. I got the best hit ever but then i realized it wasn't a whale but a fat bluegill. any ways I walked up a ways to find a section that kind of look stagnet. so took a couple cast notin so I took a cast down stream by the bridge I spooked the largest freshwater fish I've ever seen now I've caught pike an musky and monster bass but this fish reminred me of one of them a musky. after that I ran so fast to the truck to get a big stripper popper from the truck I tied on the once heavy popper to my 5.6 st croix I looked a tad bit strange. with no luck I walk down to were in saw the mammoth spook there was a dead sunfish on the bottom that looked like ot got torn up by a shark I'm asking you guys what do u think it was
hila2006

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are supposed to be pike in the Farmington, I don't remember seeing anything about tiger muskies in Ct, only in Mass and NH. So unless someone illegally stocked tigers in there, it had to be a pike. jmo.
bassaddict1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea that came to my head after I posted this. just that just got back from a one musky trip in minisota but the Muskie waas 47
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...probably a pike.
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a fish in the Farmington that looked to me like it might have been a muskie, too. Until someone pulls one up, we won't know for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this in the west branch or lower Farmington? If it was the lower, then I would say it was a pike. There are plenty in that section of the river. Remember, a fish looks much bigger in the water, especially from an angle on shore.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my report on our trip on the Simsbury section of the Farmington on 07/10:
PECo wrote:
I almost forgot to mention something. In the shallows near the mouth of the dead end branch, I spotted what I thought were two carp in the murky water. I had a leaping keeper largemouth bass on the line at the time, so I didn't pay too much attention to them. After I lost the bass Crying or Very sad , I got a better look at one of the carp and saw that it had narrow, closely spaced, dark vertical stripes along it's side. Now I'm not sure what the heck it was. Any ideas?

My first thought was, "Is that a muskie?!?!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big pike or possibly even a sturgeon, but not a musky Cool
scanticchris

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Would love to see Muske in CT! Reply with quote

Would love to see Muske in CT!
hila2006

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there Sturgeon in the Farmington? I'd lean towards the illegally stocked tiger muskie if anything Phil. We're not that far from Mass, it wouldn't be too much of a reach for someone to keep one alive in a livewell.
syxx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coulda fooled me! I'm not too familiar though!
since 1944!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: