CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: Hamburg Cove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAP284

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Hamburg Cove Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a Trailered Boat Launch near Hamburg Cove that could be used? Even for a fee. I have been there once before with a friends boat, but we launched in Old Saybrook and drove upwards. I know that I can launch there or launch in East Haddam but its somewhat of a hike in my boat. The closer the better. I know there is lots of opportunity for non trailered launch. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try calling Reynolds' Garage & Marine or Cove Landing Marine. Both are located in the inner cove:

http://www.reynolds1859.com/reynoldsdockage.asp
http://www.covelanding.com/services

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isnt there 1 at the ferry boat landing north of middle town I saw it 1x when traveling up the river with a buddy but havent been able to find it on a road map ...is between weathersfeild cove and middle town somewhere
SAP284

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is, but that's too far of a boat ride for Hamburg Cove. Hamburg is in the Lyme area.

Phil - I will check out and call those places. Hopefully they can offer a launch at a fee. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Steve- Im new here and fish this area of the river and live in killingworth. There's a ramp in downtown Essex just at the end of Main St past the Grizwald Inn (local watering hole) Its just south of North Cove and you can skip a rock to Hamburg. I cat fish down there off the town dock next to the ramp. If you google earth essex center and zoom in on main (you'll see CT River museum) That tree is gone and its a ramp. I dont know the financial details, but Ive been there many times and never saw a babysitter. You could call town hall.
SAP284

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll give them a call and find out. It's a drive for me, but if I can launch it would be worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: