CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Rules & Regs , Saftey Notices, Recalls, & Laws
Viewing Topic: boat license and reg...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colburn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: boat license and reg... Reply with quote

if i have a 12ft aluminum boat with no motor do i need a license or have it registered?
DV

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: DEP Boat Registraton Information Reply with quote

http://ct.gov/dEP/cwp/view.asp?A=2686&Q=384544

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks heading out now
slimecoat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ever put an electric trolling motor or a gas outboard on it you will have to register it. Or you will be fined on the water for sure. If you are going to use oars to get around you do not need to register it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Register my boat Reply with quote

So if you dont have a gas motor or trolling motor on the boat you dont need to register right? Im curious because i just got the boat from my grandfather and he says you have to register it what so ever. But the thing is that the motor is in the basement and the trolling motor is who knows where, but he is saying that it needs to be registered even though i wont even bother to use it that much because it uses alot of gas and gas is pricey.
Please help me clear this mess up.
therieldeal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Register my boat Reply with quote

Fisherman100 wrote:
So if you dont have a gas motor or trolling motor on the boat you dont need to register right? Im curious because i just got the boat from my grandfather and he says you have to register it what so ever. But the thing is that the motor is in the basement and the trolling motor is who knows where, but he is saying that it needs to be registered even though i wont even bother to use it that much because it uses alot of gas and gas is pricey.
Please help me clear this mess up.

If you are ever going to take it out on the water with any sort of motor on it, it has to be registered to be legal. You will also need your boating license.

If you’re just going to be rowing it around, you don’t need any paperwork at all.

Maybe he means the trailer has to be registered? Because that has to be registered, no matter what.

Still searching for some toothy critters big enough to be worth weighing...
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are ever going to take it out on the water with any sort of motor on it, it has to be registered to be legal. You will also need your boating license. <----- exactly

If you are shoving your boat inside or onto a vehicle, you will only need a red flag hanging from the rear of the boat.

Other wise as said in the last post you WILL need a registered trailer.
I am sure it will need break lights set up

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Well just as a repeat FYI: -> "No US state can issue a boating license."
They can only issue "Certificates of Boating Safety."

The only agency that can issue a license is the US Coast Guard.
And that starts with what is called a "6 Pack".
An in depth mariner's exam is required as well as a health/eye exam, background check, and drug test.

If you look at your Ct. issued card -> You will see it says "Certficate"!

SeaDog1
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though you don't need to register a boat that's used without a motor, if you buy one that's currently registered, you must update the boat's registration with the DMV:
Quote:
If you purchase a boat that is currently registered, you are responsible for seeing that it is registered in your name.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Rules & Regs , Saftey Notices, Recalls, & Laws All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: