CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: fishing / boating shows at Ct expo center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chud059

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: fishing / boating shows at Ct expo center Reply with quote

I was wondering if any of you have been to these? I went the last 2 years, hadn't been to since I was a kid with my Dad when they had it up at the Big E. I really can't afford a big boat and at the Boat show they have very few small fishing boats, I do like to look at some of bigger boats and "dream" a little.

As far as the fishing expo goes, I was a bit dissappointed. Some charter stuff, mostly saltwater stuff and lures/equipment don't seem all that cheaper than a sale at Cabela's or Dicks. I usually stop at cabelas after both shows anyway! I'll end up going to both again, It would be cool if the fishing expo had some more selection of small boats and canoes and kayaks. Last year I had a Port a boat guy spam the crap out of me, I must have entered a contest or something and he got my email...

Hard to believe, fishing season "starts" in about 4 months but Valley Falls in vernon doesn't end until the end of Feb, so until it freezes over I'll stop by there every now and then. Too bad about the woman that fell there a couple of days ago.
Hope you all have a great New Years!!
hila2006

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the shows really aren't the best place for deals for sure. It's really just a place to see some new stuff, and hang out with a bunch of other people, also waiting for good weather to come back Very Happy Sometimes you can find some good deals to. Being from Mass, we always went to the one at the DCU center(Centrum) in Worcester. Happy New Year all.
Stratos201

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shows have never been a place to find deals on tackle. It costs the vendors too much money to even be at the show. $1,200 for the booth, travel expenses, material and inventory, etc. By the time the show opens most retail vendors are in the red deep so offering you discounts doesn't make them any money.
Ryanmalloy44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.. Even though it's a boat show I still don't understand why there aren't better tackle booths there. I bet half the people there with boats fish. I go there year after year with high hopes and a full wallet and don't buy anything...

Somebody with a good tackle booth could really clean house even though that's not the real point of the show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: