CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Countryside Park 01/29
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Countryside Park 01/29 Reply with quote

At 1:15 pm, jonnyfly00 (aka Jon) sent a text message to let me know that he and his girlfriend were on the upper (i.e., north) pond at Countryside Park, which is around the corner from my house. After I finished a late lunch with my family, my daughter and I went down to the pond. We got there at about 2:15 pm. The ice was still fairly clear and five to seven inches thick. Unfortunately, the water was still a little murky. However, from about 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm, the yellow perch bite was on. Jon and his girlfriend each jigged up a few, and I got five. Then the bite died completely. Jon and I drilled holes all over the place looking for the fish, but couldn't find them. I had my underwater video camera, which wasn't very effective in the murky water, but Jon had two flashers, and we still couldn't find any fish. I finally got one last yellow perch at 4:30 pm, right before we got off of the ice.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice way to kill some tome before sunset
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure was. I'm really glad that the pond is so close to my house. It's only 1/3 of an acre or so, but it's still nice to get out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: