CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Countryside Park 02/01
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Countryside Park 02/01 Reply with quote

I fished the upper pond at Countryside Park a couple of times today, in the morning and afternoon. Where the ice was seven inches thick five days ago, it's now only five inches thick. The surface of the ice got softer, wetter and slushier as the day went on:

Although it was nice not having to bring my auger along because there are still open holes all over the place (thanks, Jon! Wink ), I didn't get even a nibble. Where the heck do the fish go when it warms up like this? Confused

I think that you'd have to head northwest and up in altitude to find good ice this weekend. Most of the good ice that I've seen this year has been over 1,300 feet.

Last edited by PECo on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

Yup! I agree with you 100% Very Happy

As far as the fish ?????? -> Who knows where they go or why they don't want to bite!
Even my chumming the holes with cat food didn't produce much result at all Rolling Eyes

As I posted -> Temp got up to 60 degrees @ 2:30 PM today.
Better known as New England beach weather Laughing

SeaDog1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: