CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: winchester 02/04 fun! Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: winchester 02/04 fun! Reply with quote

hey guys newbie i went out to winchester this morning. Got on the ice around 9:30 and fished till 1 i set 9 tip ups between my dad and i then i started to jig the tip ups were baited either with dead golden pond shiners or live heavy shiners. Any way my hali bait with a waxie got nibbles that i could not set the hook on. The place was loaded with people. Then... a flag popped i go over to it an its not spinning so i set the hook to see if i have anything nothing. Mad then like 15 minutes later another flag once again nothing. Then at like 1:30 when we were starting to pack up another flag this time a 18 inch northern pike Razz man was i pumped my first fish ever through the ice and a beauty he weighed about 4 to 5 lbs he was a fatty picture of im will come soon. We fished about 120 yards of the launch and to the right somewat near shore all in all i had so much fun also the group next to us got a big pickerel and a small pike that was caught at almost the same time as ours OH YEAH Cool Cool Cool Cool Wink Wink Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
flyorice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Winchester Reply with quote

Newbie, congrats. How much ice was there? And how far from the boat ramp were you??
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, congratulations on your first fish through the ice, Noob! Very Happy I hope that your dad got a good photo of you with it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you bet peco an about 5-6 inches every where alot of people on it today how do you upload pictures?
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk with your parents before uploading anything. Here's a thread that discusses it:

http://www.ctfishtalk.com/how-the-heck-can-you-guys-post-pictures-t7833.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img=http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/9523/baymadfish.th.jpg]
icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job!
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nooby,

Hey! -> Congrats on getting you first fish thru the ice!

You lucked out on Winchester!
I went by Burr @ 2:00 PM today and no one there -> edges have all begun to melt.
PECo and I got lucky yesterday -> No way would we have tried it today.

Oh! Sorry...... but Highland Lake derby (Feb. 12th) has been cancled for this year, and just about all those I know of have been cancled also -> No Ice Exclamation

We need a 3 day cold snap (day and night) to make ice.... but I don't think we'll get one.

There's always Open Water to fish ! Very Happy

SeaDog1
icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know there is but no other smaller derbies or outings nothing? Also do think its possible to get blaine from ct outfitters to hold the ice shanty outing on winchester where there is safe ice i think he would can anybody email him for me my email is being a pain or mabey a ct fishtalk outing Rolling Eyes Shocked
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTG Congrats
roofman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: flags Reply with quote

Noob
First of all good job on catching your first fish through ice.If i may offer a little advice.You could have a flag if:1.you have a bite,2.windflag -the wind blows your flag so it triggers the release mechanism,3.you have a big bait on and it pulls the line .Any time you have a flag you should wait a few minutes (if the spool is not turning) just to give some time to the fish to swallow the bait.Some fish tend to run with it right away ,some just grab it and sit motionless and then take off.If you waited a little bit and there is no movement try to slowly pull the line in .Some time this triggers a reaction from the fish and takes off.I have experienced that bass tend to run right away with the bait ,but pike and pickerel sometime just grab and sit still and then take off.Anyway patience is the key!If you waited so long just to get a flag than be patient and exploit the chance to maximum.I am sure that there are many people that could give you more tips or comment on mine.Good luck ,have fun and BE SAFE!!!
icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody up for winchester next weekend? Mabey a miny outing?
icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also roofman it all came together now the flag i got the fish on wasnt spooloing and i let it sit for lil bit then set it and got the pike your probaly right Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: