CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Ice shanty outing. 2/12 ok
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Ice shanty outing. 2/12 ok Reply with quote

so today visited gary and blaine for the ice shanty outing on bigelow fished to the right of the launch and set up around 9:15 and left at 1200 we fished medium and small shiners along with some night crawlers in the shallows for trout. At about 10:30 i caught a 10 inch pickerel then at like 11:35, another flag!!!!! and this one was spinning real good the holes were freezing up so i had to break the ice a little bit i set the hook and felt some nice head shakes and i landed a fat 15 inch slimedart then we called it quits where we were there was about 5 inches of ice where we fish and the ice was thumping all day. It was still pretty fun got like 3 other flags 1 wind flag other 2 were swing and misses might upload a picture of the decent size pickerel a little later tonight, and i wass so clossssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee to winning the raflle i was one number off Evil or Very Mad but its ok it was FUN! Very Happy Very Happy GET ON THE ICE WHILE YOU CAN PROBALY1-2 MORE WEEKS OF ICE FISHING GOOD LUCK HARDWATER PEOPLE ! about 35 people out today good luck.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I'm glad that you had a good time. I would have frozen solid in the wind.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The flags were flying and so were the chairs sleds and any thing else the wind could take.... =P

Watch them run, watch them slide, the anglers are in a race to catch there gear.

A lot of people showed up, every one seemed to have a good time.The wind was killer!

We had 2 flags 1 wind and 1 a fish. I missed the fish on the hook set though:(
The worst part about it was the flag popped early and we never got one after that (besides the late wind flag)

We almost went all day without the wind taking our gear WHEN my bucket blew over and rolled away lol!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where were you guys were you the one who one the raffle and was on skates or were in the group next to us i was in the blue who caught the 2 pickerel with my dad yeah stuff was blowing everywhere still fun 2 fish beats no fish. Very Happy
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was with one other guy below (before) the kid on the skate

to the right of the group you guys were near.

You father walked by us from the woods as u were drilling deep in the cove

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i was one number off from winning the raffle i was 1387 and it was 1386but the cove where we were in definately had pickerel 2 fish is decent for that place Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: