CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Tyler Lake 02/14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Tyler Lake 02/14 Reply with quote

I spent an hour typing up a detailed report and lost it Mad , so here's an abbreviated report. I fished with jonnyfly00 (aka Jon). We got on the ice at the state boat launch ramp and stayed out from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm. The sky was totally overcast all day. There was only a light south breeze with periods of no wind at all. The air temperature rose from the low 30s to the low 40s while we were on the ice. Although the southwest quarter of the lake is open, we found seven inches of ice almost everywhere. The thinnest ice I saw was still six inches thick! Very Happy The ice moaned and groaned all day. It even made noises like an approaching jet airplane that would suddenly disappear like Amelia Earhart. Laughing We each jigged up lots of yellow perch, mostly in eight to nine feet of water. I jigged up our only sunny and our only chain pickerel. Jon got three flags; one wind, one fish that got off in the weeds and one nice largemouth bass. I got no flags, but a decent perch magically replaced the large shiner that I had set on one of my traps. Shocked Okay, here are some photos. My first two perch were tiny:

But the third one and everything after was decent:

The sunny:

Jon's 18 inch bass:

My magic 9-1/2 inch perch:

The pickerel:

Jon and I both think that the ice will hold up for a while. It was solid and super thick on the west shore, and was totally locked to the ramp. We didn't get any flags and got very little while jigging in the deeper water beyond the weedline. If you head out there, brave the weeds! That's where I'll be. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey peco do you think it will hold up my march 3rd or 4th this weekend through next weekend im going up to maine to snowmobile. But was hoping to get out the 3rd or 4th do think there will still be ice on the tyler or any lakes/ponds up nw
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So happy to see safe ice somewhere! Nice jigging.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noob - That far out, my guess would be as good as our local meteorologists'; in other words, probably wrong! I'd bet that it'll be fine this weekend, though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bass!
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nooby,

OK! Below is the URL for the NOAA Wx site.

Type in the "name of the town" where the lake/pond you want to fish is located.
Go to the map shown and zoom in and locate the lake/pond then click on the middle of it

The 7 day Wx for that particular lake/pond will come up.

Now read each day's Wx -> Temps, Wind, Type of Precipatation and %

www.noaa.gov/wx.html

Learn this information you'll be able to make your own determination if there may be decent ice where you want to go. Also for all year fishing.

SeaDog1
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Phil,

See your hitting up the Yellow Perch nursery again like you did at Burr! Laughing

SeaDog1
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first two perch were smaller than our shiners. Shocked All told, we probably jigged up a couple of dozen. They ranged from four to 10 inches long, although most were probably around eight inches long.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report! Looks like you two had a good time and it's good to see there is still hope before spring!
fishermen111

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow PECo your brave for going out on the ice with all this warm weather we had latly..... i would be afraid that there would be some week spots. but thanks for the report, i might try tyler lake this weekend if i think its good enough ice.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that first 1 is cute!!! LOL Are you sure that wasnt your bait???

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: