CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Mamanasco 4/9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamdesign

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Mamanasco 4/9 Reply with quote

Went out for a little bit last night around 10PM on the dock. The past two nights ive been throwing a smaller YUM Black Lizard with a 1/8 weight Texas Rigged. On Sunday night I hit 2 LMB in an hour. 1 was about 1LB, smaller but chubby and put up a hell of a fight. 2nd was about 3LBs and again put up a crazy hard fight.
Last night in 1 hour I landed 3LMB. 2 were about 1.5LBs and 1 was a little over 3LB (no scale, but Ive gotten a feel for it). the 1.5LBs were both very aggressive, slamming it after about 10 sec in the water. The big guy slammed it and put on the best fight Ive had with a fish. Thought I was going to lose him with as many times as he went horizontal. Ive noticed every fish has started by taking hard runs right towards me, making me think i lose them. I even had one last night where i set the hook and thought for sure he was gone (sat on the dock cursing a bit), that was until he changed directions, haha. The wind has been very discouraging, but needless to say its been a fun start to the week. Easily been some of the hardest fights Ive had. Also, on a side note, these were all caught in about 4ft of water.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Yeap, I always talk to the fish after I hook them, too. I think I usually chant, "Don't break me off. . . Don't break me off. . . Don't break me off. . . ." and when they DO break me off, I usually go with, "Sonofab*!@#"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Yeap, I always talk to the fish after I hook them, too. I think I usually chant, "Don't break me off. . . Don't break me off. . . Don't break me off. . . ." and when they DO break me off, I usually go with, "Sonofab*!@#"
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a fun night. If they break off I always say stupid pickerel!!!! Thats until you see a 4-5 lb largemouth jump and try to through your hook.... Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake, it was a ZOOM Lizard
O-BASS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

night bite already?!?! wow! nice work off the dock!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was nice out last night even if you wouldnt have caught any thing I am sure it would have been relaxing.

Congrats

I have been waiting for a decent day to try fishing there...
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: