CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Alexander Lake Update
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Alexander Lake Update Reply with quote

Hi All!

Called DEP Eastern Headquaters (9:00 AM today) about the status of Alexander Lake.

Alexander Lake (though still listed in the 2011 Ct. Anglers Guide) is now designated as-> Private Lake Exclamation

To fish the lake you do need a "Permission Letter" from one of the residents on the lake.

DEP could not tell me anything about the status of the privately owned access point.

Per DEP -> The Ct. sportsman harassement law does apply if any resident subjects any fisherman to abuse that has said permission letter Exclamation

Best info I have on Alexander for the moment -> Still working on access status.

SeaDog1

Last edited by SeaDog1 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander Lake -. Update #2

To confirm lake status -> called the Ct. State Police troop D that oversees the Alexander Lake area.

Informed that as long as any fisherman has a written permission letter from a resident, said fisherman is legal and any harassement he/she incurrs is a violation of Ct. sportsman law.

I'm still working to find out about the access point.

SeaDog1
icetilt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sea Dog, the access point has a fence across it now and says private property, no tresspassing. For resident access please contact the lake committe or something to that effect.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to bantom seaDog give a holla if you wanna come out....
SmOoTh OpErAtOr !!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it legal to make a public lake into a private one without state wide discussion ! ? Sounds absurd to say the least ,so your telling me a couple of years ago I could use the lake and now I can't that's bs how can they get away with this stuff ? What about public water access rights ? So if im too poor to own a home or know someone rich enough to own a home there ...... im out of luck ??!! BS !!! these type of topics really burn me up!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: