CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Ice fishing trout in ct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Ice fishing trout in ct Reply with quote

Anybody have any good spots for ice fishing trout for next year where i can catch at least a few without getting skunked. And seadog i dont want a comment that says get the ct lake and guide boook no i just want spots that freeze up fairly quick and are productive.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nooby,

How in HELL can you ask a question like that Exclamation

No one and I mean "NO ONE" can answer that question what so ever -> It all depends on next winter's weather and no one knows what that will be, as it's different each year Exclamation

Also no one can say what waters, that have trout in them, will freeze up 1st Question

As we all know, many of the 1st waters to freeze here in Ct. are strictly pan fish waters -> Mostly up here in the NW corner of Ct..

Oh! You want to know what waters have trout in them -> GUESS WHAT! -> Yeah! "READ THE GUIDE"! ->. Will tell you "ALL" the waters in Ct. that have trout in them Exclamation
(New 2012 Guide will come out in March and with all the new rules -> and it's FREE!)

You have all spring, summer, and fall to do your homework .... (Like we all do EVERY YEAR!) .... and read up on where the trout are in Ct. for fishing for all seasons Exclamation

If you do that -> You'll know as much as anyone else here on CTFT Exclamation

As far as productivity -> That all depends on your ability as a fisherman!
(Skunked? Even on waters we regulars here know have plenty of fish in them still get skunked some days)

Now there is where we here on CTFT can help and give you our best info and pointers on fishing!

SeaDog1
flyorice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: trout in CT Reply with quote

Wharton Brook in North Haven will usually freeze quickly. It is a trout park, so the fish are stocked in the late Fall.
As far as big fish, E Twin Lake is good, but it is the LAST place to freeze despite its location, due to wind and depth.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Good one, Noob! He's got you pegged, Stephen.

If we had a normal Winter this year, I would have told you to head over to Black Pond to jig for trout. The DEEP swears that none of the trout it stocks there hold over, but they do. You can stay close to the launch and the shore where the guys fish from the parking lot in the Summer, and jig up trout with the smallest micro jigs that you have. Just try to find the edge of the weedline and work both sides of it. Here's a report from last February:

http://www.ctfishtalk.com/black-pond-02-03-t6363.html

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because its a trout park doesnt mean they do Fall restockings does it? I dont remember any ponds near me being restocked for fall. Ithought it was just a few rivers myself.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ff,

The DEEP will yearly post, on their web site, the list of waters that will get fall trout stockings. There are a limited number of waters that get stocked in the fall.

SeaDog1
flyorice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: trout parks Reply with quote

I am not sure how the DEEP does it, but I know that Wharton Brook and Chatfield Hollow get late Fall stockings. Black Rock in Thomaston/Watertown gets a through the ice, winter stocking
fishfinder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And is that posted somewhere or do you have insider info because I dont remember reading anything about that on the dep site.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ff,

It's No secret ff -> it's there -> click on outdoor recreation then fishing!
In the search box (upper left corner) type in "fall stocking".
Click on 1st listed -> Scroll down to list of waters stocked.

SeaDog1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: