CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: Opening Day
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JPell333

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Opening Day Reply with quote

Hey guys, not looking for any secrets but and great spots for opening day? My pops is coming to visit and i want to do my best to make sure we at least get a few hits. Not even asking for any where near a full stringer just a place with some elbow room and some consistent history of producing. Thanks guys!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you're looking for trout, here's a link to the DEEP's Trout Stocking Maps:

http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?A=2696&Q=467456

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thank you PECo.

Any other tips?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although newly stocked trout will eat worms and Powerbait, if you don't mind casting a line, they'll attack shiny spinnerbaits like pirhanas. Pick up some roostertails and cull to your limit. Oh, and be sure to check the regs for the area you're fishing. The DEEP changed a lot of them after last year, especially for the Farmington River:

http://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?Q=493288&A=4121

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again PECo!! Much appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont say your location... where you located?
JPell333

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@asianfisher

I live in beacon falls but im not sure if they are stocking the Naugatuck during the spring and fishing there has been tough all winter. According to the DEP link that PECo posted, it doesnt look like they will be doing any stocking at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPell333 wrote:
@asianfisher

I live in beacon falls but im not sure if they are stocking the Naugatuck during the spring and fishing there has been tough all winter. According to the DEP link that PECo posted, it doesnt look like they will be doing any stocking at this point.

anyone catch any salmon in the naugy that you know of? My buddy caught a nice one last year right under the green bridge.
JPell333

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x182dan wrote:
JPell333 wrote:
@asianfisher

anyone catch any salmon in the naugy that you know of? My buddy caught a nice one last year right under the green bridge.

I had 2 very big ones jump no further than 10 feet away. I did however hear that some big ones indeed were pulled out all through out the stretch from seymour all through the naugatuck state forest.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPell333 wrote:
x182dan wrote:
JPell333 wrote:
@asianfisher

I had 2 very big ones jump no further than 10 feet away. I did however hear that some big ones indeed were pulled out all through out the stretch from seymour all through the naugatuck state forest.

That is good to hear. I have been only out on the naugy once this year for salmon and didn't see a thing. Little river in oxford also gets stocked with trout too if your looking for local spots. If you know where haynes concrete is on RT67, across from Haynes there is a nice fishing hole there. You also have Southford falls which is stocked too.
JPell333

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x182dan wrote:
JPell333 wrote:
x182dan wrote:
JPell333 wrote:
@asianfisher

That is good to hear. I have been only out on the naugy once this year for salmon and didn't see a thing. Little river in oxford also gets stocked with trout too if your looking for local spots. If you know where haynes concrete is on RT67, across from Haynes there is a nice fishing hole there. You also have Southford falls which is stocked too.

Great thanks!!! we will both be fishing ultra lite spinning rods...Little River and Southford falls ok spots for spinning?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southford falls will be elbow to elbow like youve never seen before!!!!! Most places will be bad but that place is ridiculous!!!!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind a drive from Beacon Falls, areas of the Pootatuck in Newtown are very productive.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shepaug River in Roxbury where Rte 67 crosses the river. Short drive from Beacon Falls!
JPell333

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks for all the help guys. Very much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: