CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Rules & Regs , Saftey Notices, Recalls, & Laws
Viewing Topic: Special PFD Requirements: Connecticut
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Special PFD Requirements: Connecticut Reply with quote

I wasn't aware of this regulation before last week, so I figured that I'd post it:
Quote:
During the period from October 1st through May 31st, all persons on board a manually propelled vessel shall wear a Type I, II, III or V, U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device and no operator, or owner or user of a manually propelled vessel shall allow any person to be aboard who is not wearing such a device.

A fisherman in a canoe at Hamburg Cove told me that a DEEP Conservation Officer (CO) saw him paddle back to the boat launch ramp without his PFD on, although it was in his canoe. The CO notified him about the special PFD requirements and told him to actually wear it when he's on the water. The CO didn't cite him, however; he got just a warning. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Phil! Do you know where someone could find the definitions of Type I, II, III, V or if your standard life jacket PFD will have marked on it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the CT boaters guide.

http://www.ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/boating/boating_guide/part3.pdf

I'm glad you posted this as well. I recently finished redoing a 10ft jon and would never have thought about wearing a pfd when I took it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Rules & Regs , Saftey Notices, Recalls, & Laws All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: