CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Hunting
Viewing Topic: eligibility certificates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clumberhunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: eligibility certificates Reply with quote

Not sure if this is the proper forum, if it is not please feel free to move it to
the correct one. I know whith the begining of July new laws took effect. What I would like to know is who do I need to contact to do the paperwork to be able to purchase ammunition and long guns in the future in this state? Thank you for any help to keep me legal.
Matt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got off the phone with State police. What I was told was that these will not be required for long guns purchases till something like April first of next year, not sure about ammunition. The web site where we will be able to fine them when they are available is. CT.gov/DESSP, from there I was told to go to Special licensing and firearms and look for eligibility certificates. Hope this helps.
Matt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be better off getting a pistol permit. It will cover long guns, ammo, and pistols. Some of the new laws actually took effect in April, some take effect in October and some next year.

The new forms are available for registering AW's and Large Capacity Mags.

If you have any questions, PM me - I'm a certified NRA Instructor and RSO.

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Hunting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: