CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: ct river 4/10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steven1smith

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: ct river 4/10 Reply with quote

Went out for a half hour in windsor off the bank. Got 3 schoolies on flukes. They were hitting about 10ft from shore. No shad around Rolling Eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxCdnQ8WEfQ
fishfinder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job. Im freakin dying to get out there. Its like an hour ride for me in any direction and just havent been able to get away and not sure I would have driven that much to find out its a windy bitch out there.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting to pick my wife up at Bradley International Airport right now, but I left home early so that I could check out the piers of the Route 140 bridge and the Route 91 bridge (aka the Dexter Coffin Bridge) where each crosses over the Connecticut River. At around 8:45 pm, I walked the shore underneath each bridge on the east side of the river (i.e., in East Windsor). The water level is waaay low. I had a spotlight with me and it appeared that it was only a foot or two deep all the way to the first (i.e., east) pier of each bridge. On the positive side, what little water was there was clear. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peco, I've fished those piers... even with low water the WL side of the Dexter Coffin bridge is more productive... if you can ever get it just right where the canal dumps into the river that's a nice area.. however, for your legal eagles out there, there are "no crossing the train tracks" signs...I grew up in WL, i'm entitled!!! LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: