CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: keeney cove fish!! Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: keeney cove fish!! Reply with quote

so i got out of work at 4 headed over to cabelas and got myself a brand new shimano real and rod!!!! big step up from my o so loved ugly stick. anyways threw some 10lb sufix on it and tied up a nice spinner sec cast lost it to a tree. new pole got me. then i tied up a 5 cm shallow runner rap shad and the bite was on!! first i got a hefty yellow perch. then i 20 in north pike. cast after that a 18 chain pick. then a small LMB and to end the day one more nice yellow.. great day. love my new pole. i'll have to get a cam so i can start posting them for you guys to see
snap fisher777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeney cove. Were you fishing from shore? Because I do too. If you do which spot do you fish? I love fishing that cove. The funny thing is that you can catch a lot of fish but it is not that great to eat.
abe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i fish from shore and i went down the shore line to the letf. very muddy but well worth it.. but also had some luck the other week to the right where the little stream runs in.. up intill today i have been useing live worms and was hammering yellows off the right side of the brige its self
snap fisher777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh the bridge I think there is some type of hut near there
abe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by brige i am say point road.. not rt 3. if yellow perch is wat you are looking for stand right on point road and cast off the right side of the road... and the only hut i now of is the homeless man who has made his home at the left at the top of the road. wally is his name.ha. someone told me thats wallys world
snap fisher777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you see a man with a white beard down there?
abe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats wally ha
snap fisher777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really? Laughing
abe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes sir big man with a big beard a brown coat and most of the time bright blue pants. ha. harmless by all means
snap fisher777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a feeling you were talking about him everyone sees him down there. I fish a different part of keeney and sometimes I go down to point road to cast a line and see the guy just sitting there doing nothing but mostly talking to people. It's a nice little street. I is a shame that it floods way too easily Neutral
abe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he has lived there for like 20 years. but the back part of the cove is right where i moved into this year. the walking path to down there is two sec away. where do u fish back there? what do u catch and on wat???
snap fisher777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't fish usually point road I fish near rte 3 I am near it. I usually catch LM bass yellow perch white crappie black crappie and bluegill so far.
abe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a canoe so i am going to fish the whole thing
snap fisher777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when? I might see you
abe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like i said its pretty much my back yard so is you see a 20 year old in a green canoe with a fat kid or a girl thats me. if you see a black silverado 2008 at point road thats me. feel free to say hi. ha. maybe tomarrow or this week end
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: