CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Bantam lake thur 5/10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Bantam lake thur 5/10 Reply with quote

hit Bantam lake thursday with PECo (Phil) the weather man wasnt even close on his forcast What was supose to be sunny from 9am on turned into grey dark and cold with rain every 30-40 min or so the light 10mph-15 mph winds we where to get turned out to be a standing 15-25 mph gust enough to put white caps on the the main lake.
Lets see about 10 cast into the day I managed to hook my 2nd rod and flip it into the lake down it went ....but the fishing gods smiled on me and the lure that sent it flying over the side snaged the loose end of the line and we where able to recover the rod Yea! for me.
Peco has all the pic's but we managed a few perch some small bass, and of course phil got his customary rockies. We moved to the north end of the lake mostly to hide from the wind where we found pickeral some decent 1s at that hideing in shallow weed beds where the rivers come in.
Spend a few hours banging around there hookin fish on and off decided to move south but before we did I wanted to hit the first weed bed 1 more time because the wind was blowing from the west and there was a chance of tapping a few more . Where I gaf hooked this poor pickeral right through the guts felt real bad about it we decided to let him go and hope he would make it ...well he didnt because right then 5 feet from the boat a pike decided that 14 inch pickeral looked real yummie and BANG!! he was gone I cant tell ya how big it was for sure but 1st thought in my head was the scene from Jaws (we gona need a bigger boat) that was followed up by 2 guys doing the fastest retie and lure swap you ever saw but we never saw him again.
Little more rain and a lot more wind we where on the way home with tails of Dam that pike was big

Thanks for another geat day on the water Phil .......
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were on Bantam 5/11. Morning was good but by afternoon the wind really picked up. I hooked up with a big pike near the road right of the state launch. Got it about 10 feet from the boat and he cut my line. We managed to hook up with some decent bass. About 7 between three of us along with a couple of small pickerel.

That was my first time on the lake. If your not familiar with it it holds a few surprises as in boulders under the water. Left of the launch shore be careful of dock rope floating 6 inches under the water. Makes a mess on your prop.

A few locals decided to launch they're way to big for the lake boats and totally ignored the "NO WAKE ZONE" so we decided to call it a day about 4pm.

I can't imagine what that lake is like on a holiday weekend. But overall, with good timing makes an excellent fishing spot for small boats.

Ran into a local who fishes it regularly. Very nice gentleman! Showed us pictures of Pike he regularly catches at Bantam. One with "NO TAIL."

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea im sure that lake will see my shadow again before summers over. Definately not on the weekends or holidays
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: