CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Recipes
Viewing Topic: Salmon Recipe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tricky912

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Salmon Recipe Reply with quote

Here’s a pretty simple salmon recipe. It can also be used with many other types of fish. It may seem complex to some, but I made this dish in about 20 mins from start to finish the other night. It’s also fairly cheap. Salmon, sake and asparagus cost me about $25 for 3 people.

Ingredients:
• Salmon – 6 oz portions (skin on)
• Kosher Salt/pepper
• 1.5 tsp fresh ground ginger
• 2 – 3 cloves of minced garlic
• A few dashes of dark sesame oil (has a very strong flavor, don’t use too much)
• 1/3 cup of Sake (normally use Ozeki)
• ¼ cup of soy sauce
• 1 tbs unsalted butter

Season salmon liberally with kosher salt and pepper. Heat a non-stick pan over medium/high then add about 1 tbs of oil (olive, grape-seed or canola). When oil begins to shimmer, and fish to pan skin side down. Cook for about 4 minutes. I usually put a small plate or a lid from a small pot on top of the fish to keep the skin in contact with the bottom of the pan during the 1st minute or so of cooking.

Flip fish and cook for another 3 to 3.5 minutes (depends on thickness of fish). Remove fish place on a plate to rest.

Remove pan from heat to cool for about a minute. Remove excess oil from pan and add sesame oil, ginger and garlic to pan. Saute over medium heat for about a minute. Add sake to deglaze pan. Turn heat up to Med/high and reduce (about 3 mins), add soy sauce and reduce for another 2-3 mins.

Take pan off of heat, swirl in the butter until melted and pour sauce over fish. If you want to be an overachiever you can sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds. I served this with brown rice and roasted asparagus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Recipes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: