CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Wahlburgers & Alma Nove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimiChanga

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Wahlburgers & Alma Nove Reply with quote

Well seeing as all my fishing trips so far this year have been just plain awful, we decided to take a ride out to Hingham, MA. to Wahlburgers. "As seen on TV". Getting there was a little tricky but we found it. Being on a Saturday & a celebrity place it wasn't too crowded, unless you wanted to wait an hour plus for a table. On the bar section it is first come first serve basis, seeing as I saw 2 open seats that was just fine. The "Our Burger" was really good, the Haddock sandwich was good, onion rings are not the heavy battered style which was a nice change of pace, the fries were Yukon Gold potatoes so they jammed. All kind of other stuff on the menu we didn't try but looked good as the servers were right next to our seats. We got an order of chili to go & tator tots but haven't had them yet. I'd go back.

We then went over to Alma Nove which is the up scale restaurant across the street. That's were the REAL GOOD items are, but also the price is a bit higher. I would recommend both places without a second thought, bearing in mind you get what you pay for. We were too early for the dinner menu, but we got a nice bottle of Reisling and 3 appitizers off the lunch menu. Tried the Island Creek oysters, Sauteed mussels, and the hand made cod cakes which were all delicious! We didn't order desserts but we did see other guests get some really extravagant presentations.

We didn't see any of the Wahlberg family members but the staff at both places were helpful, patient & very friendly.

Here are the links to both...

http://www.wahlburgersrestaurant.com/

http://www.almanovehingham.com/

Enjoy,

John.
RobO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the restaurant reviews.
Now get your arse back in the sound!!!

I want to hear a report of you finally filling the cooler with fish!!

Do you fish for porgies in September?
If so, let's try an pick a day to fish on the same boat.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobO wrote:
!

Do you fish for porgies in September?
If so, let's try an pick a day to fish on the same boat.

Not intentionally, but I did get some last year while fishing for fluke/sea bass & on a cod trip on the Frances Fleet. I'll be going there reel soon too. Wink

John.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: