CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: want a fish recipe? here's one...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassarama

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: want a fish recipe? here's one... Reply with quote

This is a copy of one of my posts from another forum, I thought I could share it with the local crowd…

Now that blue fish are abundant, catch some,fillet the darn things alive and throw back the carcasses still swiming..(10 seconds). Shocked Very Happy

This is where I smoked these fillets The smoker is my zero clearance air tight fire place, I got some pieces of scrap steel and made the supports for a the old grills, it works like a charm; I heat the house using well seasoned fire wood, but for this purpose I use oak. I allow the coals to get down to a warm temperature only and then add a piece of hickory so I get the smoke going.

The fish fillets were in the fridge for 24 hours soaked on Italian salad dressing (any brand works well)

After half hour on each side, I get all the smoke flavor I want and the fish is done. Allow it to cool off and finely crumble the fillets.

Add:
Onion flavored sour cream dip, finely minced onion, red hot, salt, freshly ground black pepper, grated cheese and a bit of mayo. Blend it all into a manageable consistency and you’ll have the best, yummiest smoked fish paté …BLUEFISH paté, that is.
Serve with crackers or with cocktail rye bread...

FRIGGING GOOD...

Now, for the NON FISH EATERS

The ribs were in the fridge for one day coated with Williams-Sonoma grill rub for Ribs and a fair amount of salt

After half hour per side, I remove the ribs and place’em in cookie sheets and in the oven we go for 6 hours at 190 degrees, after 5 hours glaze the meat with one part each of honey or maple syrup, ketchup and BBQ sauce, add one part of Red Hot sauce if you like it spicy. . I don’t have a pic of the finished ribs, by the time I got the camera they were GONE! Surprised Surprised ;D

I can tell you, we just pulled the bones out of the meat, that's how tender they were. Wink
Forum Police

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pics are making me hungry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: