CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: warming up a little
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billybass

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: warming up a little Reply with quote

I know its still freezing at night , but do guys think the ice will hold up for a little bit more ...after todays rain and warmth and the days to come im sure it will shed a little ice away Crying or Very sad just hopefully not to fast. I still want to get out there a bunch more times a hammer them fish. Laughing
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the snow and crap ice will be melted. It takes a lot to melt pure black ice. The shoreline will get up by Wednesday tho it should refreeze and all the water on the ice will make another layer. All we need is one night in the teens and everything will be back to normal.
billybass

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey BLUEGILL thanks for the input , I really cant get enough of it . So far with the ice season I have been doing real well with the smallies, Best i have actually ever done on the smallies just want to keep going, there a awsome fish , im sure u know what I mean Laughing
basswacka19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry guys but i don't mind it warming up, hoping for an early ice out. I guess it can stay cold for you hard cor ice guys, at least until the end of february but then bring on the warmth.
billybass

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont get me wrong basswacka I love when everything thaws out and we can fish open water, but for the short time we have the ice, compared to the open water i just like to take advantage of it,,its only here for a short while and all in all fishing is fishing,spring will be here soon..be patient Laughing Laughing
basswacka19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i hear ya! I went out ice fishing for the first time the other day,it was a pretty good time. Im sure if i caught me some smallies like you did i'd like ice fishing a little more haha. I still got a lot of leaning when it comes to ice fishing but ill figure it out.
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was walking through inches of slush
and
inches of water today!!!

It almost looked as if there was open water because the wind was blowing so much surface water

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How THICK was the ice were u were
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/2 in Jk 5 - 8 inches

I would like to add at least two holes we made mid day saturday, we were able to break through them with our heels!

So depending on the area the slush / water / open augered out holes may not freeze very much
OR
if they do once the warm air and sun comes around they with start to unfreeze fast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U got me at first 1/2 inch.. Laughing So u play paint ball , i use too, got a decent gun if u got anyone intrested..electronic hopper .ect.ect
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm me on the paintball gear info!!! NOW!

I hope all you have a safe trip especially this week where the high temps will be above freezing!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just spent an iron day on the ice up at Coventry. Fished til 5:30, too bad the moon was so thin, else would have stayed longer for the walleye bite.
Still had almost 8 inches of good ice. Top layer was good and watery.

Overall a GREAT day,,, bunch o perch, a walleye, but good friends, good times, and dragged out the grills for some REALLY good eats. Nothin better.
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

went back to silver again and the melt is on. very slushy almost an inch of water in some places on the lake, however the ice is still 6+ inches thick. just a little wet and sloppy.

good day again, silver has been fantastic for the pickeral and bass so far for me and my buddies. as long as the ice holds out the feb 6th tourney there could have some killer fish come up bidding for top spot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: