CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Wauregan Res.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawg Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Wauregan Res. Reply with quote

Wondering how the ice is out at the Wauregan Res. in Killingly. Anyone have any news on it.
basswacka19

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i don't have any info for you, i was just wondering how the fishing is at wauragan res? I want to give it a try when ice is out, i heard they have smallmouth in there but i'm not sure if it's true.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I knew last week it was safe my buddy fished it on the 3rd or forth and there was over 5 or 6 inches.
perchjerker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went a few days ago. The road wasn't plowed and caused some problems for a few people. But its probably passable with good tires. Youll just need a lot of momentum to get up the hill when leaving.

The ice was around 6" thick. with much snow on top.

3-4 others were fishing as well. a few fish being caught. (pickeral, mostly i think).

My buddy caught a 20" channel Catfish!!
Fish On!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that channel catfish must have been a surprise. I never would have thought they were in there. thanks for the report
perchjerker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Wauregan today, the ice was good. 3 inches of snow on top, and a good 6 + inches of ice. Caught a few nice perch.
perchjerker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Wauregan today, the ice was good. 3 inches of snow on top, and a good 6 + inches of ice. Caught a few nice perch.
Nighthawk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: The rumor is true! Reply with quote

I haven't been out on the ice at Wauregan Res. yet this year but I can confirm the rumor you heard. That lake is full of smallies. I've pulled some nice ones out of there at all times of the year (+3-4 lbs). Try the area bordering the train tracks. The bottom there is sand/rock, just what Smallies like. Good luck!

Nighthawk
basswacka19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info nighthawk, I didn't think they were in there so i never bother getting the jon boat in there but now that i now i will definitely be giving it a try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: