CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Weakfish
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Weakfish Reply with quote

/semi rant on
This post is for the people who keep weakfish to show your family members and friends then discard them in the trash.
Yesterday on the beach someone had 2 huge females lying dead in the sun.In the last couple years i have seen as many as 20 or 30 dead weakfish lining the beach during the spring sandbar run.This fish is still a rare occurance and should be treated with respect.
About 5 years ago weakfish started to show back up little by little.What a great thing it was to run down to west haven and hit the sandbar.You are able to catch a mix of blues ,bass and weakfish.
Why keep a weakfish?
Unless you plan on cooking a weakfish the minute u get home and eating it that night it is worthless to keep a weakfish.Also May and June are there spawn times.These giant weakfish that are being caught are so full of eggs ,they basically leak out while landing these cows.

All I am saying is please use positive judgement on these fish so the resource can make a great comeback.
/semi rant off
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be a 1 fish limit. I enjoy eating what i catch but i only take what i am going to conume. If the guys down there could catch 100 fish per night for 100 nights straight they would keep every single fish. In the meantime all they are doing is making the cans heavier for the garbage guys. The stocks are not only being raped commercially but by alot of recreational guys.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice post! I hate seeing fish on shore dead due to complete ignorance...
They all serve a purpose...

Just one more cast...
Master-Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% but man I love the taste of weakfish, I have only kept 1 per year.
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love to eat them too the same day you catch them though. They get real mushy if they sit uncooked longer than 24 hrs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: