CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: WEB PAGE FOR HOME AUDIO QUESTIONS?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: WEB PAGE FOR HOME AUDIO QUESTIONS? Reply with quote

Anyone know where I can find some answers to why my FISHER rack system won't work. I know its old but when my tuner went I purchased a SONY to replace it and now I can't get any volume out of the turntable. The fisher had 100 watts of power and the Sony has 300 watts. I can't figure it out and I have a ton of old vinyl records just sitting around. thanks for any info cmorjoe ps I can't e-mail fisher because they are out of business.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dumb question, but the neddle is not broken is it... secondly, have you tried to narrow down the problem... Does the stereo or cd have sound?

Just one more cast...
regl
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the make and model of the receiver. I believe turntables need to be pre amplified to work on the newer receivers. This was taken care of with a Phono input, but I am not sure yours has this.

You may want to try the cassette tape inputs, but I think you are going to need to buy a phono preamp. Ebay seems to be a good place to start looking.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=phono+preamp&category0=
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: THANKS FOR THE IMPUT Reply with quote

I will try all your suggestions when I get off the bus today; hopefully something will work. I also noticed in the JC Pennys catalogue a turntable you plug into your pc to transfer vinyl records to cd's; anyone had a chance to try this? cmorjoe
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: CHEAPEST WAY OUT? Reply with quote

Talked to Radio Shack guy (hope he knows more than I do). He said that although the Fisher system claimed to have 100 watts of power that was power to the speaker; the Sony has 300 watts of power to the speaker. That turntable should have had a pre-amp built in somewhere to boost the signal from the turntable to the amp. They sell a pre-amp inline unit for about $30.00 seems like the cheapest way out; I'll let you know if it works...thanks cmorjoe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: