CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Webster Lake - Webster, MA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gecabert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Webster Lake - Webster, MA Reply with quote

I spent a week with the family at my uncle's place on the lake. Luckily one of my other uncles has his boat docked there, so I was able to get out onto the lake fishing each morning and evening.

For those of you not familiar with Webster lake, also known as Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg, is the second largest naturally formed lake in Massachusetts. It covers 1,442-acres and has numerous islands and coves. There's a large town owned boat launch which is very expensive $35 to launch, and a very small, free state launch.

Throughout the week the water temp ranged from 81-83.5 degrees and the air temp was in the mid 80's to low 90's.

Over the course of the week, I probably caught 30 bass, and only 1 pickerel and 1 perch. The fish were hitting on a wide variety of bait, Senko's, crankbaits, but I caught most on various spinnerbaits. The keepers ranged in weight from 1.5 to 3 pounds, and had a mix of SMB and LMB. I found the areas around the islands in the main pond to be the very productive, although the cove near the town boat launch was great in the early afternoon.

Maybe because it's such a large lake I found the boat traffic on weekends to be considerably less than I would have thought. It's possible that the high cost to launch at the town launch keeps most non-residents away from using the lake. I spent close to 15 summers at Gardner Lake, and the boat traffic at Webster was much less than I experienced at Garner.

slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a fun week of fishing, nice report.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

A whole week of fishing on a boat. Sounds like heaven to me. Nice.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was a great week, both fishing wise and weather wise. We only had 1 rain day, and that was the day we drove up to Bass Pro to stock up.
Fishface

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice week, seems a little large for the Kayak.

Tim
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: LOL! Reply with quote

A little large, you say? Surprised Anything over 275 acres is too large for my little kayak.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job! I love webster lake, i fish there quite often seems how it is only a 15min drive for me. Theres a lot of tournaments there each year and a lot of big bags in the spring and fall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: