CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Went on a Journey and was Rewarded
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Went on a Journey and was Rewarded Reply with quote

Tuesday morning I wake up early. Was having a hard time falling back to sleep so I decided to get up and hit the road, arriving at Seaside just before low tide, which was scheduled for 8:59. Setup was the 7'6" F&S Inferno with a Penn Conflict 2500 rigged with 14lb Berkley Trilene Professional Grade Braid. While fishing Seaside, water temps ranged from 52.3 to 53.2. Winds were a steady 8 to 10 southwest and west with some 15mph gusts.

I started off at Remington as I waded but no hits or followers no matter what I threw.

Next stop was the city ramp but still nothing.

Walked out to Fayerweather and casted from the rocks but niente.

Headed back Downtown to grab a bite to eat and take it easy.

Waded and casted in certain sections that had fish active during the 2015 fall run but niente.

Once tide started getting higher, I headed over to Breezy Point to take it easy and keep an eye on things. The whole time I was there and casted, I only had 1 hit a gulls were staying quiet.

As tide headed back out and still no life at Breezy Point, I fished a few spots as I was leaving but no luck. Saw a person land a sea robin on a piece of bait.

Next stop was Short Beach after grabbing a bite to eat. When I get there I waded and casted, but noticed the tide was still too high for me to be wading with my waist high waders, so I rode my bike to Milford Point.

Fished Milford Point for about 45 minutes. That's where I got into fish. The Purpledescence FLR-10 landed me a 25" schoolie and a very chunky and healthy 29" keeper. The keeper had a huge belly and gave me a good tug of war fight. Had 5 other hits as I stuck with the FLR-10.

Hit the road just after 8.

Looks like forget about Seaside for now until water temps rise, and the place to go will be Milford Point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: