CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Weppawaug 4/21
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Weppawaug 4/21 Reply with quote

Member mikeyinstfd and I hit areas of the Weppawaug River Monday and spent a lot of time.

At our first stop I landed a 9" brookie and lost a rainbow with the Mondo Pond killer HJ-6. Mike caught a nice 1 pound brown, 13" brookie, and 2 small rainbows.

We kept on playing with the trout there for hours but many weren't taking the lures and baits we were using. Others that would grab a small earthworm or a Berkley Trout Worm would pretty soon spit it.

Our second stop produced a nice 2 pound largemouth for Mike on a silver blue HJ-6. He had a good fight with it on his ultra light.

Next stop is where I caught a nice 13" brookie just under a pound with the HJ-6. Mike had 1 hit.

After that, we hit a nice stretch that always produces but this time was pretty slow. Mike had 2 hits while drifting Berkley Trout Worms and I caught a small rainbow with the HJ-6. I also lost a nice brookie with the HJ-6.

Last stop was the pond at Eisenhower Park, which resulted in me catching an 11" bass and losing a nice pickerel and cookie cutter bass. Mike lost a nice pickerel.
AlexF

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's that little river in milford? i didn't know there were even fish in there lol. Is it connected to a lake?
mikeyinstfd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,
It is connected to Lake Wepawaug all the way up by 34.
Discovered this place 2 years ago and it has lot's of trout.
Don't want to give away my secret spots but if you check the deep stocking maps you can see where they stock.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: