CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: west branch farmington river
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troutbum

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: west branch farmington river Reply with quote

Hello everyone im new to the site this is my first post. Hit the farmington today with my 8 year old son, we did ok fishing a little run in the tma. Six trout in all only one worth talking about ,a beautiful brown my son caught drifting a mealworm. The trout went about 19 inches , he set the hook and landed it himself, needless to say i was very proud. Sorrry no pics I'll make sure to have the camera next time.

On a side note we did see some really cool trout behavior. On two seperate ocassions while my son was bringing in a fish (10-12inch brown) a much bigger brown around 2 feet long chased it in almost to shore. It was pretty cool to see and a couple hours well spent
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would have been nice landing one of those 2 footers. Nice job getting your son out there and that's a nice size fish he landed.
RobO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice posting and welcome to the site. It's nice to see another trout fisherman.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fellas I'll be sure to have pics next time. RobO thats gotta be a big farmy brown in your picture, beautiful fish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: