CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: West Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JiggyWithIt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: West Hill Reply with quote

I was told they stocked 2 weeks ago but you'd never know Confused I fished with 5 guys on Saturday from 9-5 with only 3 flags all day. We ended up with 2 small browns one guy caught while jigging Crying or Very sad There were, without exageration at least 100 guys on the ice this fine day. Saw one other party next to us catch 1 trout. Mostly sad faces!!! There was 10 inches of ice with 8" of clear black ice. After todays temps and rain I hope we can hang in there for a few more good weeks of hard water fishing before we start dusting off those longer rods and tuning up our casts Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JW!

I don't think they stocked 2 weeks ago or I'd have gotten an email from my fisheries bioligist friend at the DEP.

I do know that we succeeded in stopping the DEP from stocking any more of those "DAM SEFORELLEN STRAIN BROWN TROUT Exclamation " in West Hill anymore!
Those dam things are so voracious that they were doing serious dammage to the Kokanee Salmon fishery at West Hill!

Yes, they were all nice fish over 20 inches BUT we regulars at WH hated them -> "AND I DO MEAN HATED THEM -> AND WOULD KILL EVERY SINGLE ONE WE CAUGHT LEGALY - OR NOT Exclamation"

We don't need that particular strain of fish in our only 2 Kokanee waters here in Ct. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Best regards,
SeaDog1
jdpsm3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never fished west hill but sounds popular 100 guys wow never tried going for trout but am intersted in it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: