CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: West Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: West Hill Reply with quote

Hi,

Well West Hill is now all open water.

Fished the boat ramp today and hooked 2 Browns with a hot pink Rough Rider.
Both about 14-15 inches and released.
Didn't fight too hard -> Guess the really cold water still has their metabolisim set on low.

Wx does not look good for the next 2 days.
Soon as the Wx improves I'll be launching my boat. Thumbs Up

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job! Now get yourself a cheap digital camera or a cell phone so we can see some pics Very Happy
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Hot Pink Rough Rider!? Reply with quote

What's that ?!!! (Rough Rider)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot Pink Rough Rider!? Reply with quote

Crest Daddy wrote:

That's his hot pink thong he fishes in Laughing Razz
fishfinder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bwaaaa haaa haaaa!! Crest, its a spoon sort of similar to a Phoebe.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot Pink Rough Rider!? Reply with quote

DirtyDawg10 wrote:
Crest Daddy wrote:

That's his hot pink thong he fishes in Laughing Razz

DD?

I don't wear a thong! -> Too small and confining -> Rather go Au Natural Thumbs Up -> Picture THAT Exclamation Laughing

P.S. Don't mess with a decendant of the "Polish Winged Hussars" Exclamation : Laughing Really proud to recently find that piece of family history ! Thumbs Up

......."Tak"

SeaDog1 Mr. Green

Last edited by SeaDog1 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
chud059

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey SeaDog, I've been to West Hill Pond in my travels. When I was younger, my Dad had a small Skeeter F-80 strada bass boat that we would put in there. Now, when I go there I only see one launch area and it's accross from a general store maybe? Is there any location to fish from the shore? The way I go is I take the left off of 44 onto west hill road, i think.. and just follow til I see the boat launch. I don't know if I've tried to go around the lake but at that general store it gave me a "deliverance" feeling..ha ha ha...
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chud059 wrote:
Hey SeaDog, I've been to West Hill Pond in my travels. When I was younger, my Dad had a small Skeeter F-80 strada bass boat that we would put in there. Now, when I go there I only see one launch area and it's accross from a general store maybe? Is there any location to fish from the shore? The way I go is I take the left off of 44 onto west hill road, i think.. and just follow til I see the boat launch. I don't know if I've tried to go around the lake but at that general store it gave me a "deliverance" feeling..ha ha ha...

Hi,

The only public area open to shore fishing at West Hill is the boat ramp and next to the little white dam house near the ramp.
The rest of West Hill is all private property.
Oh! And Brodie Park is a town owned park so you need permission to fish down near the beach area.

You really need a boat to fish West Hill.
FYI: West Hill is a water filled old volcano cone and is primarily a cold water fishery....mostly Trout (Brookies, Browns, and Rainbows) ...Also some Smallmouth and LMB are in there, but not many as there is very little weed beds and no water lily beds + few spawning areas.

SeaDog1
samthefisherman1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thong
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: