CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: west side?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishermen101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: west side? Reply with quote

hey everyone, has anyone icefished west side latley? thinking about going up there this weekend, anyone have any luck? thanks.
Dave N.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been fishing there almost exclusively this season. Early ice i bagged 5 browns in one trip. The next few trips yielded 3,2,2 browns. all were on tip ups and were very shallow <8fow. Last sunday jigged 1 brown, and it was pickerel after pickerel on tip ups. Also got a slot limit bass and a decent perch. The deeper water should yield better #'s of panfish but i have found them to be very,very,very finicky. Fishing pressure is almost non-existent. Good luck if you go this weekend as it closes in less than a week.
fishermen101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where were you abouts when you caught all the trout? thanks
Dave N.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set up mostly the east side of the pond almost on shore as there is a steep dropoff all along that edge. thats where i usually have the best trout action but like i said the pickerel seem to be winning the battle for the bait.catch em if u can. Wink
fishermen101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah! so you were fishing by the boy scotts camp all the way back in the cove correct?
Dave N.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep u got it. if i didnt have a game dinner this sunday i'd be there. i gotta fish local on sun.
fishermen101

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i fished west side yeterday, set up by the boy scots camp east of the lake where that drop off was that you were telling me, i got a few pickeral and 2 nice size calico bass on tip ups, didnt get any trout and nothing on jigging, i then moved acrossed the lake to the west side of it and got a good 4 pound bass and some small pickeral, no trout that day, mabey next time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: