CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Wethersfield Reservoir 4/3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Wethersfield Reservoir 4/3 Reply with quote

Got there around 3 p.m...the water was choppy yet shallow, with a lot of green slimy stuff everywhere. I kept anchoring in spots that turned out to be 3 feet deep. I did catch a bass on soft plastic early on. Most of my time was spent cleaning slime off my anchor and trying to not cast into the path of multiple beavers.

Apparently the reservoir closes at sunset, but I "didn't see the posted sign," so I stayed well after dark. When the police showed up, I was near the launch. Thanks to their blinding searchlights, I was able to return to shore quickly. I was asked to show my driver's license, my fishing license, my boat registration, and my safe boater (limited durational) certificate. I've only been 100% legit since Wednesday...OMG all that $ I gave to the DEP/DMV actually paid off!

This isn't much of a "Lake Report" but I can confirm that Wethersfield Reservoir contains at least one bass, a lot of slime, and about 300 beavers. And it closes at sunset.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kira!

OMG! That has to be some kind of record to get your face on a WANTED POSTER! Very Happy LMAO Very Happy

I'll bet you 100 to 1 that you had the biggest smile on your face as you pulled out all your NEW paper work to show the officers. Mr. Green Wink

Have a HAPPY EASTER Exclamation

Best regards,
SeaDog1
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Kira!

Think we'll have to change your name from TurtleKiss to ->

"BEWARE OF THE MID-NIGHT BASS WRANGLER"

LOL Very Happy
metalfish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. If thats the place I am thinking off, 1846 res. There is some nice bass there.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalfish wrote:
Congrats. If thats the place I am thinking off, 1846 res. There is some nice bass there.

That's the place...very bassy looking, but the wind gave my dinghy a beating.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Kira!! Good thing you had all the required paper work or they would have probably written you a ticket. Yeah the sign on one side of the gate says "Closes at Sunset until 8:00 AM" and the Parks Dept locks the gate everynight. Been there and have caught my share of some good ones there. The only thing is all the good spots are on the other side which is only accessable by boat.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that place use to be a goldmine now it is a toilet. It needs some attention badly as it is very choked up. I wish our town would invest in a aerator and dredge it again. Also, they should restrict it to residents only as it is a small pond that can't handle the pressure it gets now. Every year that place gets worse. It is a shame.

The cops are pretty funny though. I can't tell you how many times they got on their megaphones and called me off the water.

Justin
pdcrack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict wrote:

The cops are pretty funny though. I can't tell you how many times they got on their megaphones and called me off the water.

Same here Justin haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: